Articles are a great way to improve site rankings and increase awareness. Rankings will increase due to additional content being created for the site, but if you also choose to distribute articles they have the additional benefit of increasing backlinks, which is a major factor for high rankings.
Articles can be used to monitize a blog, if you are the blog owner you may wish to follow these guidelines:
1) Create unique articles with targeted phrases
2) Ensure the articles make sense to the user, do not over optimise for the spiders as it will become unreadable.
3) Write naturally, with good grammar and spell check.
4) Try to create articles with more than 500 words
5) Choose a catchy, unique title. This is very important to attract the user, and is also used as the anchor text within ‘some’ distribution sites, so include you main keywords too.
6) Choose a topic carefully, some topics will generate more interest than others.
7) Insert social bookmarking buttons to enable readers to digg, stumble etc.
8) Link to the articles from other deep pages within the blog.
9) Add the article pages to your XML sitemaps for faster indexing.
When submitting the article to other blogs, or distribution sites consider the following:
1) If allowed, insert one or two in-line links back to your website.
2) Insert links back to your site within the signature section.
Also insert the URL as a link, for example: http://www.monetize-online.com as some scraping sites will leave this in.
3) Make sure the landing page is ‘spot on’ a good landing page will mean better conversion rates.
4) Use RSS feeds to promote the articles.
5) Build a reputation by submitting as many articles as possible.
6) Digg, Stumble etc you articles on other sites.
There are also lots of copywriters being paid by blogger to generate articles for their site, if you are a great writer, full of inspiration you could generate a good income from this alone.
From the article you can insert affiliate links to encourage product purchases, also generate AdSense income based around the articles.
I find the following two sites good for article distribution:
Can you recommend other article websites?
Please feel free to add any more ideas within the comments below.
Online businesses can be very tricky and difficult to make a living. A lot of time and sometimes luck is required to suceed. Most people can find the time, but the luck hardly ever appears! Well I’ve learnt not to bank on any luck, but instead create avenues where opportunities, not luck arise.
So how do I do this? Well, you’ve heard the saying ‘you scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours’?
If you apply this online, overtime you will see the benefits and you won’t require any luck
The web is a resource for sharing information and learning, if you keep this in mind most money making opportunities will evolve on there own.
I’m a great believer of helping and providing advice online, here are some real life examples that have gained me additional income when I least expected it.:
1) I set up a blog for free for a friend of a friend, I didn’t realise but he knew a number of businesses and he now recommends me all the time. So from one free blog which took a few hours of my time, has resolved in lots of contacts and business.
2) Reviews – Writing reviews about products I’m interested in has led to paid reviews and free products. Initially I had only set out writing reviews for general content, but soon became a regular income.
3) Even simple linking to other sites with no requests to link back has led to finance. Marketing agencies crawl backlinks of their competitors to seek out link opportunities for their clients. By linking to a few high profile sites within your industry allows your site to be picked up via the agencies link analysis tools. They then contact you where you can negotiate fees for advertising their clients on your website – easy income ;-)
So tell us, what back scratching have you done online, and has it paid off?
Creating a blog to make money online is fairly easy. As long as you have an interest or an in-depth knowledge of the content you are writing about.
Most people jump in and start a blog on what they think is going to generate them the most money online, where in actual fact if you concentrate on what you know best, money will still be made, and generated more easily.
Write about something you are interested in or feel passionate about. If you just try to target the high money subjects, for example finance, loans, insurance, mortgages which you may have no interest or experience in. Creating unique content will become extremely difficult and you’ll soon find yourself loosing interest, especially if your online earnings are slow or minimal.
Whatever subject you choose, these are always opportunities to make money online from a blog you are passionate about. For example, if you enjoy gardening and create a successful blog you may attract interest from local garden centres wishing to advertise, or you could write product reviews. If you become a good reviewer local stores may invite you to write about there products for cash or goods.
One of the most profitable ways to make an online income is via affiliate marketing, which this blog will go into great depth. With the above example, product reviews could be written on the high monetized subjects, including garden sheds, lawn mowers, garden furniture etc. An affiliate link could be created from a popular affiliate program, or via an online e-commerce site selling the products you wish to affiliate with.
Ad space within the blog will also provide an income, from banners to PPC (AdSense). However with AdSense, this is where a high target page would generate more income, for example create a page on “Insurance for your Garden Tools” with AdSense linking to insurance sites will create more on your cost per click, than AdSense on a page talking about garden seeds!
The key to success for generating online money from a blog is to gain targeted traffic to your website, with quality traffic money via the above should come easily.